The first performance of the 2014-2015 Arkansas Valley Community Concert Series, the Alliance Brass Quintet, is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 30, at the Ed Stafford Theatre on the Otero Junior College campus.
The first performance of the 2014-2015 Arkansas Valley Community Concert Series, the Alliance Brass Quintet, is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 30, at the Ed Stafford Theatre on the Otero Junior College campus. Admission at the door is $20, $10 for students. Season tickets for six concerts are $25 student, $50 adult, $125 family (living in same house). A 1:30 p.m. outreach program for area school children (invited on a rotating basis) is scheduled on Sept. 30 also.
Dazzling audiences with a repertoire ranging from the early Renaissance to jazz and beyond, the Alliance Brass Quintet is poised to become one of the world's finest brass ensembles. Hailing from Chicago, Illinois, the Alliance Brass is comprised of some of the United States' finest young talents. The ensemble's members have performed all over the world from Japan to Spain, Russia to Canada, and the UK to Mexico.
- Deus in Adjutorium from Vespers - Monteverdi
- Overture from The Marriage of Figaro - Mozart
- My Spirit Be Joyful, BWV 146 - Bach
- Sonata No. 29 - Speer
- West Side Story Selections - Bernstein
- Maria - Tonight - One Hand, One Heart - America
- Prelude No. 14 - Shostakovich
- Simple Gifts from Appalachian Spring - Copland
- Girl with the Flaxen Hair - Debussy
- Nessun Dorma from Turandot - Puccini
- Czardas - Monti
- St. Louis Blues - Handy
- I'm Getting Sentimental Over You - Washington/Bassman
- Dance Boheme from Carmen - Bizet
- That's A Plenty - Pollack
- Porgy & Bess Suite - Gershwin
- Summertime - It Ain't Necessarily So - Oh Lawd - There's A Boat Comin'