Lamar Community College is busy making final preparations to host its second reunion for former Agriculture and Horse Training & Management students and those who participated in Rodeo, Livestock Judging, and/or Saddle & Sirloin Club while attending Lamar Community College (Lamar Junior College), regardless of graduation status.
LAMAR, Colo. - Lamar Community College is busy making final preparations to host its second reunion for former Agriculture and Horse Training & Management students and those who participated in Rodeo, Livestock Judging, and/or Saddle & Sirloin Club while attending Lamar Community College (Lamar Junior College), regardless of graduation status. Otherwise known as the Old Cowboys Reunion, activities are scheduled for Sept. 29 – Oct. 1 to coincide with the upcoming LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo. Participants are encouraged to attend all the events LCC has planned for the weekend, including those open to the general public.
“We’re excited to welcome our Ag and Equine alums back to Lamar and encourage those still in the area to quickly register for the event,” commented Anne-Marie Crampton, executive director of the LCC Foundation. “This is a labor of love for the reunion committee and me. And it will be a busy weekend with multiple events occurring. I hope that we get more local participants to be part of it again. This year, we are beginning to draw more Horse Training alums back as well.”
A $75 registration fee per person covers event costs and entrance into multiple events noted with an asterisk.
• 11 a.m.: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo Slack (free); Sand & Sage Fairgrounds
• 12 – 5 p.m.: LCC Living History Encampment – www.lamarcc.edu/encampment; LCC campus (free)
• 4:30 p.m.: Reunion Registration at Lamar Eagles Lodge
• 4:30 p.m.: Social* @ Lamar Eagles Lodge; appetizers provided by the Eagles
• 6 p.m.: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo* performance (free to registrants)
• 8 a.m.: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo Slack (free)
• 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.: LCC Living History Encampment; LCC campus (free)
• 8:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.: ROAD TRIP* to the Cannopy Corporation facility in Springfield, Colorado, for tour and presentation on hemp production and processing*; Pick up/drop off will be at the LCC Wellness Center.
•Cannopy Corporation is an all-in-one, full-service farm, processor, distributor and technology hub for hemp and hemp-based materials. Industrial production of standardized botanical feed-stocks, for use by other manufacturers, is Cannopy’s core business.
•The company is currently farming over 370+ acres of fully irrigated agricultural land, supported by 30,000 sq. ft. of fully environmentally controlled, indoor commercial greenhouses and 20,000 sq. ft. of support installations.
• 12 p.m.: Reunion Lunch*; at the Sand & Sage Fairgrounds Centennial Building
• 2 p.m.: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo* performance
• 5:30 p.m.: (approximately) – Calcutta for Short Go; Sand & Sage Fairgrounds Centennial Building
• 6 p.m.: Reunion Social* / 6:30 p Dinner* at Eagles Lodge:
• 12 p.m.: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo* Short Go
To learn more about the weekend or to register, see https://lamarcc.edu/alumni-relations/reunion/. Payments can be sent to the LCC Foundation at 2401 S. Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052 or made via phone with LCC’s Cashier at (719) 336-1593.
Any proceeds will benefit Lamar Community College Rodeo and the Foundation.
For additional information, contact the Foundation Office at phone (719) 336-1520 or email email@example.com.